Strategy and Engagement Graduate
Fixed Term - Full-time, Graduates
Build relationships across our diverse workforce and local asset communities in a Graduate Program that is designed to accelerate your career.
We are an energy business with a portfolio of electricity generation facilities throughout Queensland. We are a major provider of electricity to Queensland, the National Electricity Market and large energy users throughout Australia.
As a company that operates gas and coal-fired power stations, it’s Stanwell’s job right now to keep providing reliable electricity at prices that are affordable as the industry transitions to a lower carbon future.
We are able to ramp generation from our coal-fired power stations up and down as needed, to let solar generation shine in the middle of the day, and still provide the electricity people need in the evenings. While providing reliable and affordable energy for today, we are also exploring new generation and storage technologies that will help reduce emissions for tomorrow.
We have a variety of income sources which allow us to achieve the best possible returns for our owners, the people of Queensland. We sell wholesale electricity and we have an electricity retail business.
At Stanwell we value a diverse and inclusive culture, where we attract, employ and develop a wide group of people who share our values and want to make a difference. We employ close to 700 employees and aim to create a workplace where everyone is included, treated fairly, respected and given the opportunity to be the best that they can be.
Our values – We care, We adapt and We deliver – are integral to Stanwell’s culture. They drive the expected behaviours of our people and influence how we engage with our customers, suppliers, partners and the local communities in which we operate.
About the position
Our Strategy and Engagement Graduate Program (2 years) is designed to accelerate your career. Some of the highlights of this program include:
- Building relationships across our diverse workforce and local asset communities.
- Identifying and coordinating community engagement events and activities that enable two-way communication between Stanwell and respective asset communities.
- Having the opportunity to travel and/or work at our different sites across Queensland.
- Assisting with the implementation of Stanwell’s digital strategy, including the development of content and examining analytics.
- Assisting with the researching, writing and editing of content for the company intranet and employee newsletters.
Is this position for you?
To make a meaningful contribution to our team, you will need:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (Business, Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Stakeholder Engagement, Community Engagement, Sociology, Education or similar).
- Intermediate knowledge of key Microsoft programs, such a Word, Excel and PowerPoint and ability to deliver in new information databases.
- A personable attitude with a desire to build relationships across our diverse workforce and local asset communities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A passion for ongoing learning and development.
What is in it for you?
- Be rewarded with above Award salary rates, supplemented by a generous incentive scheme.
- Have access to professional memberships as well as an online learning management system to continually support your development.
- Take advantage of our discounted gym memberships and health insurance, voluntary health check reimbursements, confidential EAP service access and various other exciting health and wellbeing initiatives.
- Be supported throughout your program by our mentors and subject matter experts.
- Stanwell is a proud Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Pay Equity Ambassador.
Click and apply today.
Applications Close: 5.00pm 19 July 2020.
All offers of employment will be subject to passing a pre-employment medical and/or drug and alcohol screen.
Notice to Placement Agencies and External Recruiters:
If you are a placement agency or external recruiter, please do not submit resumes to Stanwell prior to having a signed staffing agency agreement with Stanwell. Stanwell is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by an agency other than its approved suppliers. Furthermore, any resumes received from a placement agency or external recruiter in absence of an agreement will be considered by Stanwell and may be forwarded to internal recruiters for their information.
Back to search results Apply now