Electrical Engineering Graduate
Fixed Term - Full-time, Graduates
Under the support of our mentors and subject matter experts, our Electrical Engineering Graduate Program gives you the opportunity to work on large industrial sites and be part of a rigorous engineering process.
We are an energy business with a portfolio of electricity generation facilities throughout Queensland. We are a major provider of electricity to Queensland, the National Electricity Market and large energy users throughout Australia.
As a company that operates gas and coal-fired power stations, it’s Stanwell’s job right now to keep providing reliable electricity at prices that are affordable as the industry transitions to a lower carbon future.
We are able to ramp generation from our coal-fired power stations up and down as needed, to let solar generation shine in the middle of the day, and still provide the electricity people need in the evenings. While providing reliable and affordable energy for today, we are also exploring new generation and storage technologies that will help reduce emissions for tomorrow.
We have a variety of income sources which allow us to achieve the best possible returns for our owners, the people of Queensland. We sell wholesale electricity and we have an electricity retail business.
At Stanwell we value a diverse and inclusive culture, where we attract, employ and develop a wide group of people who share our values and want to make a difference. We employ close to 700 employees and aim to create a workplace where everyone is included, treated fairly, respected and given the opportunity to be the best that they can be.
Our values – We care, We adapt and We deliver – are integral to Stanwell’s culture. They drive the expected behaviours of our people and influence how we engage with our customers, suppliers, partners and the local communities in which we operate.
About the position
Under the support of our mentors and subject matter experts, our Electrical Engineering Graduate Program (3 years) gives you the opportunity to work on large industrial sites and be part of a rigorous engineering process. Some of the highlights of this program include:
- Being part of the future of electricity generation as Stanwell investigates innovative and flexible plant operation models.
- Rotating across our sites across Queensland, including Stanwell Power Station, Tarong Power Station and Meandu Mine.
- Developing skills across a wide range of engineering tasks, including: small capital projects, conceptual design, estimating, commissioning, installation and preventative maintenance.
- Investigating and making recommendations to correct and/or prevent plant failures and promote long term plant health.
- Being actively involved in annual outage work activities where you will gain rare exposure to plant equipment, such as transformers, turbines and switchboards.
Is this position for you?
To make a meaningful contribution to our team, you will need:
- Electrical Engineering qualifications acceptable for Graduate Membership of the Institute of Engineers Australia.
- A personable attitude with a desire to build relationships across our diverse workforce.
- Well developed analytical, research and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A passion for ongoing learning and development.
- Solid digital literacy skills, including the ability to adapt to new systems.
What is in it for you?
- Be rewarded with above Award salary rates, supplemented by a generous incentive scheme.
- Have access to professional memberships as well as an online learning management system to continually support your development.
- Take advantage of our discounted gym memberships and health insurance, voluntary health check reimbursements, confidential EAP service access and various other exciting health and wellbeing initiatives.
- Be supported throughout your program by our mentors and subject matter experts.
- Stanwell is a proud Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Pay Equity Ambassador.
Click and apply today.
Applications Close: 5.00pm 19 July 2020.
All offers of employment will be subject to passing a pre-employment medical and/or drug and alcohol screen.
Notice to Placement Agencies and External Recruiters:
If you are a placement agency or external recruiter, please do not submit resumes to Stanwell prior to having a signed staffing agency agreement with Stanwell. Stanwell is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by an agency other than its approved suppliers. Furthermore, any resumes received from a placement agency or external recruiter in absence of an agreement will be considered by Stanwell and may be forwarded to internal recruiters for their information.
Back to search results Apply now