Permanent - Full-time, Procurement, Supply & Warehousing
The Category Specialist Role will partner with our corporate Services Functions with a charter of delivering innovative commercial outcomes within a dynamic energy landscape
We are an energy business with a large portfolio of electricity generation facilities in Queensland. We are a major provider of electricity to Queensland, the National Electricity Market and large energy users throughout Australia. We sell wholesale electricity and we have an electricity retail business Stanwell Energy, whose customers are large commercial and industrial energy users. Stanwell Energy is a highly successful boutique retailer whose current customers represent a sizable portion of Australia’s most well-known brands and largest electricity users. Stanwell Energy’s current customers are sophisticated energy users and leaders in the resources, construction, manufacturing, transport and hospitality sectors.
Stanwell Energy is well known for its customer focussed approach, evidenced through:
• Tailored energy solutions;
• Proactive, responsive and individualised account management;
• Accurate, timely and transparent billing; and,
• Value-add analysis, reporting and industry expertise.
We are owned by the people of Queensland. Providing a secure, affordable and sustainable supply of energy for all Queenslanders is at the core of everything we do. We recognise that a diverse, inclusive and safe business is essential to our culture and how we operate. We employ close to 700 employees and aim to create a workplace where everyone is included, treated fairly, respected and given the opportunity to be the best that they can be.
Our values – We care, We adapt and We deliver – are integral to Stanwell’s culture. They drive the expected behaviours of our people and influence how we engage with our customers, suppliers, partners and the local communities in which we operate.
About the Position
The Category Specialist Role will partner with our corporate Services Functions with a charter of delivering innovative commercial outcomes within a dynamic energy landscape. This role will report directly to the Procurement Portfolio Team Leader, Corporate Services.
- Managing key supplier relationships to ensure agreed performance is achieved and opportunities for adding value are explored.
- Managing key stakeholders from the earliest stages of the process to facilitate optimum outcomes for both project and operational needs.
- Actively managing supply market risks and opportunities through effective sourcing and category management techniques.
- Ensuring that internal stakeholders are informed of the value added to the business through supply chain management. Ensuring panel contracts are managed and utilised.
This is a full-time permanent position located at our Brisbane CBD Office.
- Considerable operational experience in the development and implementation of procurement solutions ideally from within the energy, oil & gas, resources or manufacturing industries. Developing sourcing strategies and category plans, with a strength in spend analysis and market research.
- Proven ability to consult and develop productive working relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the business.
- Demonstrated ability to apply commercial acumen and good judgement to effectively formulate and deliver procurement solutions.
- Flexible, adaptive, innovative and capable of multi dimensional problem analysis and solving.
- Degree qualifications in business, commerce, law or equivalent working experience.
- Strong written communication skills, with experience producing documents for an executive audience.
- Proven experience in preparing, issuing, recording and evaluating tender documentation.
- Good level of business, contractual and financial literacy.
- Sound knowledge of government and legal regulations and requirements.
How to Apply
To submit your application, please apply online with your CV and cover letter.
Applications Close: 5:00pm, 28 September 2021.
Please note that it is a requirement that all successful candidates complete and successfully pass pre-employment background screen as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
Further information on Stanwell can be found online at www.stanwell.com
Notice to Placement Agencies and External Recruiters:
If you are a placement agency or external recruiter, please do not submit resumes to Stanwell prior to having a signed staffing agency agreement with Stanwell. Stanwell is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by an agency other than its approved suppliers. Furthermore, any resumes received from a placement agency or external recruiter in absence of an agreement will be considered by Stanwell and may be forwarded to internal recruiters for their information.
Back to search results Apply now