Fixed Term - Full-time, Administration, Apprenticeship/Traineeship
Develop a broad range of skills and interact with all levels of the business during this exciting business traineeship!
We are an energy business with a portfolio of electricity generation facilities throughout Queensland. We are a major provider of electricity to Queensland, the National Electricity Market and large energy users throughout Australia.
As a company that operates gas and coal-fired power stations, it’s Stanwell’s job right now to keep providing reliable electricity at prices that are affordable as the industry transitions to a lower carbon future.
We are able to ramp generation from our coal-fired power stations up and down as needed, to let solar generation shine in the middle of the day, and still provide the electricity people need in the evenings. While providing reliable and affordable energy for today, we are also exploring new generation and storage technologies that will help reduce emissions for tomorrow.
We have a variety of income sources which allow us to achieve the best possible returns for our owners, the people of Queensland. We sell wholesale electricity and we have an electricity retail business.
At Stanwell we value a diverse and inclusive culture, where we attract, employ and develop a wide group of people who share our values and want to make a difference. We employ close to 700 employees and aim to create a workplace where everyone is included, treated fairly, respected and given the opportunity to be the best that they can be.
Our values – We care, We adapt and We deliver – are integral to Stanwell’s culture. They drive the expected behaviours of our people and influence how we engage with our customers, suppliers, partners and the local communities in which we operate.
About the position
Develop a broad range of skills and interact with all levels of the business during this exciting business traineeship! At the successful completion of your traineeship, you will obtain a Certificate IV in Business.
Over your two-year traineeship, you will work with experienced mentors to build your business skills whilst providing administrative support at our Power Station. Under the guidance and support of your mentors, you will be involved in a variety of tasks including:
- Processing day-to-day business activities in Stanwell systems
- Administrative duties including data entry, scanning and filing
- Preparing and controlling documents
- Researching and presenting information to the team
- Assisting in the coordination and preparation of meetings
- Answering and responding to email and phone enquiries
Is this position for you?
To make a meaningful contribution to our team, you will need to:
- Complete a minimum of year 10 or equivalent prior to commencement
- Demonstrate a genuine interest in completing this two-year traineeship
- Display good communication skills, including the ability to ask questions and listen to instructions
- Possess a desire to learn and develop throughout your traineeship
- Be motivated to achieve excellent results in work and study (you will be required to complete a relevant TAFE qualification as part of your traineeship)
- Understand the importance of working safely and following site procedures
- Be enthusiastic about becoming a valued member of our team
- Reside in the local area - within 80km of the site (preferred)
What is in it for you?
- Be taught the latest knowledge and skills from a team of experienced mentors
- Maintain work-life balance with an attractive 36.25 hour working week (4 day week)
- Free transport to and from the site from designated pick up points in Kingaroy, Yarraman and Nanango (on site parking is also available if you would prefer to drive)
- Provision of protective clothing
- Substantial employee benefits, including a health and wellbeing program, yearly incentive schemes and ongoing access to learning and development opportunities
We value diversity and encourage people from all ages and backgrounds to apply.
Please include in your application:
- Cover letter (tell us why this role appeals to you)
- Current resume (must include at least two referees)
- Any supporting documentation that demonstrates your grades, achievements or experience. This information will be well regarded
Applications close: 11.55pm, 12 July 2020
Further information on Stanwell can be found online www.stanwell.com
Please note that it is a requirement that all successful candidates complete and successfully pass a pre-employment background screen as well as a pre employment drug screen.
Notice to Placement Agencies and External Recruiters:
If you are a placement agency or external recruiter, please do not submit resumes to Stanwell prior to having a signed staffing agency agreement with Stanwell. Stanwell is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by an agency other than its approved suppliers. Furthermore, any resumes received from a placement agency or external recruiter in absence of an agreement will be considered by Stanwell and may be forwarded to internal recruiters for their information.
Back to search results Apply now