People and Culture Graduate
Fixed Term - Full-time, Graduates
Be trusted to work on practical projects across learning and development, industrial relations, recruitment, remuneration and benefits and business partnering in this exciting program.
We are an energy business with a portfolio of electricity generation facilities throughout Queensland. We are a major provider of electricity to Queensland, the National Electricity Market and large energy users throughout Australia.
As a company that operates gas and coal-fired power stations, it’s Stanwell’s job right now to keep providing reliable electricity at prices that are affordable as the industry transitions to a lower carbon future.
We are able to ramp generation from our coal-fired power stations up and down as needed, to let solar generation shine in the middle of the day, and still provide the electricity people need in the evenings. While providing reliable and affordable energy for today, we are also exploring new generation and storage technologies that will help reduce emissions for tomorrow.
We have a variety of income sources which allow us to achieve the best possible returns for our owners, the people of Queensland. We sell wholesale electricity and we have an electricity retail business.
At Stanwell we value a diverse and inclusive culture, where we attract, employ and develop a wide group of people who share our values and want to make a difference. We employ close to 700 employees and aim to create a workplace where everyone is included, treated fairly, respected and given the opportunity to be the best that they can be.
Our values – We care, We adapt and We deliver – are integral to Stanwell’s culture. They drive the expected behaviours of our people and influence how we engage with our customers, suppliers, partners and the local communities in which we operate.
About the position
Our People and Culture (P&C) Graduate Program (2 years) is designed to accelerate your career. Some of the highlights of this program include:
- Exposure to both corporate and site based working environments, allowing you to build relationships across our diverse workforce
- Having the opportunity to travel and/or work at our different sites across Queensland.
- Being trusted to work on practical projects across learning and development, industrial relations, recruitment, remuneration and benefits and business partnering.
- Being assigned meaningful tasks that will build your confidence and give you invaluable development opportunities. Some of these tasks may include creating recruitment strategies, assisting in Enterprise Bargaining projects, developing reports, assisting in the rollout of employee engagement activities as well as providing advice to managers and employees.
Is this position for you?
To make a meaningful contribution to our team, you will need:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (Business, Human Resources, Management, Psychology or Behavioural Science).
- A personable attitude with a desire to build relationships across our diverse workforce.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A passion for ongoing learning and development.
- A willingness to travel and work across our sites to maximise your understanding of our business.
- Excellent ability to prioritise and organise work.
- Solid digital literacy skills, including the ability to adapt to new programs and systems.
What is in it for you?
- Be rewarded with above Award salary rates, supplemented by a generous incentive scheme.
- Have access to professional memberships as well as an online learning management system to continually support your development.
- Take advantage of our discounted gym memberships and health insurance, voluntary health check reimbursements, confidential EAP service access and various other exciting health and wellbeing initiatives.
- Be supported throughout your program by our mentors and subject matter experts.
- Stanwell is a proud Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Pay Equity Ambassador.
Click and apply today.
Applications Close: 5.00pm 19 July 2020.
All offers of employment will be subject to passing a pre-employment medical and/or drug and alcohol screen.
Notice to Placement Agencies and External Recruiters:
If you are a placement agency or external recruiter, please do not submit resumes to Stanwell prior to having a signed staffing agency agreement with Stanwell. Stanwell is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by an agency other than its approved suppliers. Furthermore, any resumes received from a placement agency or external recruiter in absence of an agreement will be considered by Stanwell and may be forwarded to internal recruiters for their information.
Back to search results Apply now