Fixed Term - Full-time, Information, Communication & Technology
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for the establishment, support and maintenance and the continuous evolution a new CI/CD platform.
We are a major provider of electricity to Queensland, the National Electricity Market and large energy users, our customers, throughout Australia. As a company that operates coal-fired power stations, it is Stanwell’s job right now to keep providing reliable electricity at prices that are affordable as the industry transitions to a lower carbon future.
While providing reliable and affordable energy for today, we are also exploring new generation and storage technologies that will help reduce emissions for tomorrow.
We recognise that a diverse, inclusive and safe business is essential to our culture and how we operate. We employ close to 700 employees and aim to create a workplace where everyone is included, treated fairly, respected and given the opportunity to be the best that they can be.
Our values – We care, We adapt and We deliver – are integral to Stanwell’s culture. They drive the expected behaviours of our people and influence how we engage with our customers, suppliers, partners and the local communities in which we operate.
Reporting to the Trading Technology Manager, the DevOps Engineer is responsible for the establishment, support and maintenance and the continuous evolution a new CI/CD platform. This role will also be responsible for the establishment and continued evolution of the Stanwell Modelling Platform, a unified platform that standardise models development across the organisation. The Stanwell Modelling Platform will primarily utilise Azure DevOps and Azure Kubernetes Services.
In this role you will have the primary responsibility of this new platform. It is an exciting time to join Stanwell as the implementation phase is due to shortly commence.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Liaise with suppliers, analysts in the relevant teams and the Trading Technology team to provide automated code deployment and release management.
- Liaise with ICT Operations and Data and Digital teams on matters pertaining to DevOps tools and practices and the SMP.
- Support, maintain and keep up to date the tools that make up the platform and support the organisation’s DevOps practices and the SMP.
- Following analysis of requirements, develop CI/CD solution options to support achievement of project delivery outcomes.
- Enable software deployment and testing support in accordance with project schedules.
Located in Brisbane, initially this an 18 Month fixed-term contract but has longer term potential.
To be successful in this role, you will have
- 3+ years software development experience, particularly within an Azure cloud environment.
- Experience with transformation to containerisation is essential.
- Demonstrated experience with source code and release management tools, e.g. Team Foundation Server, Azure DevOps, GitHub.
- Extensive experience building, maintaining and documenting CI/CD pipelines.
- Environment configuration documentation and management.
- Extensive experience with configuration, building and deploying applications, web sites and batch jobs.
- Experience with configuring, building and deploying .NET Framework applications, services and websites.
- Experience automating database deployments.
- Proven experience with PowerShell.
- In-depth experience and knowledge of Agile/Scrum techniques.
- Experience with Atlassian’s JIRA (required).
How to Apply
To submit your application, please apply online with your CV and cover letter.
Applications Close: Sunday 30 January at 5:00pm
Further information on Stanwell can be found online at www.stanwell.com
Please note that it is a requirement that all successful candidates complete and successfully pass pre-employment background screen as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
Notice to Placement Agencies and External Recruiters:
If you are a placement agency or external recruiter, please do not submit resumes to Stanwell prior to having a signed staffing agency agreement with Stanwell. Stanwell is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by an agency other than its approved suppliers. Furthermore, any resumes received from a placement agency or external recruiter in absence of an agreement will be considered by Stanwell and may be forwarded to internal recruiters for their information.
Back to search results Apply now