Permanent - Full-time, Technical/Trades, Management
The Senior Technician is responsible for providing expert instrumentation & control and heavy electrical work related advice together with application of technical knowledge.
We are a major provider of electricity to Queensland, the National Electricity Market and large energy users, our customers, throughout Australia. As a company that operates coal-fired power stations, it is Stanwell’s job right now to keep providing reliable electricity at prices that are affordable as the industry transitions to a lower carbon future.
While providing reliable and affordable energy for today, we are also exploring new generation and storage technologies that will help reduce emissions for tomorrow.
We recognise that a diverse, inclusive and safe business is essential to our culture and how we operate. We employ close to 700 employees and aim to create a workplace where everyone is included, treated fairly, respected and given the opportunity to be the best that they can be.
Our values – We care, We adapt and We deliver – are integral to Stanwell’s culture. They drive the expected behaviours of our people and influence how we engage with our customers, suppliers, partners and the local communities in which we operate.
About the Role
The Senior Technician is responsible for providing expert instrumentation and control advice together with application of technical knowledge in resolving complex problems and identifying opportunities for plant improvement in conjunction with engineering staff across Tarong Power Stations. On offer is an attractive 4/3 roster and excellent salary package.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and undertake technical work programs across a wide variety of plant in accordance with short- and long-term asset life plans as determined in conjunction with engineering peers.
- Continually evaluate plant performance and condition and advise maintenance and engineering leadership teams of future risks and issues for rectification and opportunities for improvement in relation to availability, reliability and cost effectiveness.
- Develop and implement maintenance support systems which provide accurate and timely future reference points for similar complex technical matters i.e. drawings, instrument database, procedures, manuals etc.
- Form part of critical incident teams to provide technical advice and problem-solving skills to manage potential generation loss situations and in returning plant to service.
- Provide technical instruction and mentoring to developing electrical and instrumentation staff.
- Develop project scopes and execute within time, quality and cost constraints.
This is a permanent full-time role based at our Tarong Power Station in Nanango, Queensland.
- A current electrical license and an Associate Degree in Electrical Engineering or an equivalent combination of significant other post trade studies
- At least 5 years’ experience in an Instrumentation and Control role in a process-based industry (i.e. Power, Chemical or Refinery).
- Demonstrated understanding of multiple production processes in an industrial environment.
- At least 7 years post trade electrical experience (including the above 5 years) in a heavy industry environment.
- Experience in managing technical projects to deliver on time, in budget and as per specifications.
- A demonstrated capacity and willingness to train and mentor others in lower and higher-level technical areas.
- Working experience on Heavy electrical equipment (LV/HV Switchboards and transformers) with familiarization in safe switching, isolations, and restoration processes will be advantageous.
How to Apply
To submit your application, please apply online with your CV and cover letter.
Applications Close: Sunday 30 January 2022 at 5.00pm.
Further information on Stanwell can be found online at www.stanwell.com
Please note that it is a requirement that all successful candidates complete and successfully pass pre-employment background screen as well as a pre employment drug screen.
Notice to Placement Agencies and External Recruiters:
If you are a placement agency or external recruiter, please do not submit resumes to Stanwell prior to having a signed staffing agency agreement with Stanwell. Stanwell is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by an agency other than its approved suppliers. Furthermore, any resumes received from a placement agency or external recruiter in absence of an agreement will be considered by Stanwell and may be forwarded to internal recruiters for their information.
Back to search results Apply now