Station Support Officer
Permanent - Full-time, Administration
Provide high quality administrative support and balance competing work requirements of various teams to ensure positive safe, responsible and commercial outcomes for the business.
We are a major provider of electricity to Queensland, the National Electricity Market and large energy users, our customers, throughout Australia. As a company that operates coal-fired power stations, it is Stanwell’s job right now to keep providing reliable electricity at prices that are affordable as the industry transitions to a lower carbon future.
While providing reliable and affordable energy for today, we are also exploring new generation and storage technologies that will help reduce emissions for tomorrow.
We recognise that a diverse, inclusive and safe business is essential to our culture and how we operate. We employ close to 700 employees and aim to create a workplace where everyone is included, treated fairly, respected and given the opportunity to be the best that they can be.
Our values – We care, We adapt and We deliver – are integral to Stanwell’s culture. They drive the expected behaviours of our people and influence how we engage with our customers, suppliers, partners and the local communities in which we operate.
About the Role
The Station Support Officer is responsible for providing high quality administrative support and balancing of competing work requirements of various teams to ensure positive safe, responsible and commercial outcomes for the business.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide efficient and professional administration services and support to the Maintenance, Operations, Engineering, Site Services and Crisis Management Teams.
- Source and collate data for workgroup reports, meetings and presentations. Organise and attend meetings, prepare and distribute agendas and minutes.
- Complete workgroup purchasing activities (stationary supplies etc).
- Complete accurate recording of work order information, workgroup timesheets, job cards and workgroup records, duty rosters and associated work flow processes.
- Maintain the leave & training calendar.
- Provide technical assistance, training and super-user support to employees in the use of Stanwell systems.
- Coordinate and maintain the Maintenance Technical Library as per established document control processes and procedures.
- Oversee, coordinate, administer and maintain procedure and calibration sheet updates in alignment with Quality Assurance procedures.
- Develop processes to maintain job packages for maintenance teams.
- Manage “Hazardous Areas” administration, quality assurance and information management for the business unit.
- Mentor Business Trainees, school based and/or disabled employee(s) including coordinating, allocating and overseeing work activities in alignment with individual capabilities to achieve workgroup deliverables and provide feedback to relevant supervisors.
This is a permanent full-time role based at our Tarong Power Station near Nanango, Queensland.
- Minimum three years administrative experience.
- High level skills in the Microsoft Office suite.
- Proficiency in the use of Business Systems e.g. Ellipse, Content Manager, SAGE, Business Objects, SharePoint, Kiosk (Chris21), EARs, ProjectWise.
- Ability to work within time constraints, organising work, setting priorities, working under pressure and adapting to changing circumstances.
- Proven ability to maintain professional written and verbal communication skills in an operational environment including the ability to regularly work with confidential information.
- Demonstrated knowledge of purchasing practices and procedures.
- Have a strong customer focus and self-motivation and an ability to work with no supervision.
- Lateral thinking – able to offer new ideas and solutions to continuously improve systems.
How to Apply
To submit your application, please apply online with your CV and cover letter.
Applications Close: Tuesday 7 December 2021 at 5.00pm.
Further information on Stanwell can be found online at www.stanwell.com
Please note that it is a requirement that all successful candidates complete and successfully pass pre-employment background screen as well as a pre employment drug screen.
Notice to Placement Agencies and External Recruiters:
If you are a placement agency or external recruiter, please do not submit resumes to Stanwell prior to having a signed staffing agency agreement with Stanwell. Stanwell is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by an agency other than its approved suppliers. Furthermore, any resumes received from a placement agency or external recruiter in absence of an agreement will be considered by Stanwell and may be forwarded to internal recruiters for their information.
Back to search results Apply now