Electrical Engineering Student Placement
Temporary/ Contractor, Co-Op/Vacation Student
This is the perfect opportunity for an Electrical Engineering student currently studying in their second year or later.
About the Position
This is the perfect opportunity for an Electrical Engineering student currently studying in their second year or later. This placement will allow you to put your university studies into practice, while working under the guidance of qualified and highly experienced engineers and subject matter experts. You will further your engineering studies through the practical application of knowledge in the workplace and assist with the delivery of a range of valuable onsite activities including:
- Providing hands on assistance with electrical project work
- Assisting plant engineers during major outages; allowing you to observe and learn about parts of the plant that are normally running
- Contributing to plant or process investigations
- Promoting a safe work environment by conducting on the job risk assessments
- Updating documentation and procedures
Located at the Stanwell Power Station in Rockhampton, this is an 8-month opportunity commencing in July, with a 4 day working schedule from Tuesday to Friday.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Electrical Engineering student who is motivated to learn as much as they can during their time at Stanwell. To be a contributing member of the team, you will need:
- A passion for ongoing learning and development
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A high level of initiative to promote our values in everything you do
- A personable attitude with a desire to build relationships across our diverse workforce
How to Apply
To submit your application, please apply online with your CV and cover letter.
Applications Close: 5.00pm, 22 April 2021.
All offers of employment will be subject to passing a pre-employment medical and or drug & alcohol screen.
Notice to Placement Agencies and External Recruiters:
If you are a placement agency or external recruiter, please do not submit resumes to Stanwell prior to having a signed staffing agency agreement with Stanwell. Stanwell is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by an agency other than its approved suppliers. Furthermore, any resumes received from a placement agency or external recruiter in absence of an agreement will be considered by Stanwell and may be forwarded to internal recruiters for their information.
Back to search results Apply now