People and Culture Business Partner
Fixed Term - Full-time, Human Resources
Reporting to our General Manager, People and Culture, the People and Culture (P&C) Business Partner provides operational leadership, expert advice and support to management on human resources, industrial relations, organisational culture and change management related issues principally for Stanwell Power Station (SPS) based in Rockhampton.
About the position - 18 month Fixed Term
Reporting to our General Manager, People and Culture, the People and Culture (P&C) Business Partner provides operational leadership, expert advice and support to management on human resources, industrial relations, organisational culture and change management related issues principally for Stanwell Power Station (SPS) based in Rockhampton. The position encompasses the role of ‘employee champion’ and change agent. The P&C BP communicates business needs and liaises with the broader P&C team to ensure these needs are captured when developing P&C solutions for the business. The role also provides advice and support for the consistent application of people practices and policies.
Some key focus areas in the role include:
- Professionally, astutely and sensitively engage with site-based managers and employees in a way that builds trust and rapport and supports the timely and effective delivery of human resource services and projects
- Ensure effective working relationships are built and maintained across the broader P&C team at a site level and the Corporate Office
- Appropriately deliver P&C services in an operational unionised environment.
- Significant experience in delivering human resources business partnering support, advice and services with industrial relations experience from a site based, operational environment
- Substantial experience in coaching and developing productive relationships with senior level site management
- Thorough understanding and experience of contemporary human resources and industrial relations strategies, initiatives, policies and practices with a demonstrable ability to interpret and communicate such policies effectively.
- Extensive knowledge of appropriate legislation and statutory requirements.
- High level of competence in managing human resources business activities and programs including recruitment, training and development, industrial relations and organisational development.
- Ability to create effective relationships, negotiate and consult with unions
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Human Resources or a related discipline would be advantageous.
What is in it for you?
- An attractive base salary supplemented by a generous yearly incentive scheme
- Substantial employee benefits, including discounted gym memberships, free professional membership and access to learning and development opportunities
- An opportunity to be part of a highly values-focussed organisation with a high degree of autonomy and flexibility
- Stanwell is a proud Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Pay Equity Ambassador.
How to Apply
Apply today with a tailored cover letter and resume that addresses the key accountabilities of this role.
Applications Close: 5:00 PM, 22 January 2021
Further information on Stanwell can be found online www.stanwell.com
All offers of employment will be subject to passing a pre-employment medical and or drug & alcohol screen.
Notice to Placement Agencies and External Recruiters:
If you are a placement agency or external recruiter, please do not submit resumes to Stanwell prior to having a signed staffing agency agreement with Stanwell. Stanwell is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by an agency other than its approved suppliers. Furthermore, any resumes received from a placement agency or external recruiter in absence of an agreement will be considered by Stanwell and may be forwarded to internal recruiters for their information.
Back to search results Apply now